Your doctor will see you now… Online!
Our Family Medical Center and Little Falls Orthopedic Team are offering telehealth visits. Telehealth visits allow care for children and adults for a variety of common conditions, all in the comfort of your own home.
St. Gabriel’s Health provides care for children and adults for conditions including:
- Chronic condition appointments
- Behavioral Health
- Animal/insect bites
- Cold/Flu symptoms including fever, cough, sore throat, and earache
- Cold sores
- Skin conditions and rashes (eczema, poison ivy/oak, althletes foot, sunburn, etc.)
- Sinus infection
- Sore Throat
- Stomach conditions (Irritable Bowel Syndrome, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.)
- Pink eye
- UTI (Urinary Track Infection)
How do I schedule a telehealth appointment?
All telehealth appointments must be pre-approved by your provider, please call to schedule your appointment.
- Family Medical Center (320) 631-7000
- Little Falls Orthopedic (320) 631-2200
Are there any technical requirements for telehealth?
You will need a reliable internet connection and can use your smartphone, tablet, or computer (webcam and microphone required).
Do I have to download anything?
You can either download the the Zoom app or you can receive a code to join your online appointment.
How do I download/access Zoom?
You can download or access Zoom with either a smartphone or computer.
Instructions for Downloading/Accessing ZOOM via smartphone:
- Go to your App Store and search “ZOOM”. Select “ZOOM Cloud Meetings” and download the free app. Once the app is installed, you will NOT need to create an account.
- Open the app when our office calls you to check-in for your appointment. Select “Join a Meeting” and enter the given “Meeting ID”. Select “Join”.
- Wait for your provider to enter the meeting.
- You will have to select “Join with Video” and “Call using Internet Audio” in order to hear and see your provider for your visit. How this is worded may vary depending if you are using an iPhone or Android.
- You should now see yourself and the provider on your screen and can start your visit. When your visit is complete, your provider will end the video for you, or you can “leave” by tapping on your screen and pressing “leave”.
Instructions for Downloading/Accessing ZOOM via computer:
- Go to your internet browser on your computer and type in the search box “zoom.us” and press “enter”.
- Select “Join a Meeting” in the upper portion of your screen and enter your given “Meeting ID”. Press “Join”. Your computer MAY want you to download ZOOM – if so, press “run” when you see a white pop-up window at the bottom of your screen.
- You will see a screen that will let you know your provider has not yet entered the meeting. Once they do, your computer will want you to “Join with Video” and “Connect using Internet Audio”. This is necessary to select in order to see and hear your provider for your visit.
- You should now see yourself and your provider on your computer screen and can start your telehealth visit. Your provider will end the visit when it is over, or you can select “end meeting” in red writing at the lower righthand corner of your screen.
How can I make sure I have a successful online appointment?
Be sure to login early, and create a quiet/private space to prepare for your appointment.