Care Focused on YOU!
The health needs of each individual are unique. CHI Health at Home can bring medical services to you in the comfort of your home. Care is delivered by a highly skilled and compassionate staff that places the wishes and needs of clients at the core of their plans of care.
About Home Health Services
Managing health needs can be challenging, but your involvement in care and treatment can help you navigate along the road to recovery. Through our patient-centered approach to care, our staff works collaboratively with you and your physician to assist in developing a specialized plan of care for you. Our team of rehab specialists, nurses, aides and social workers assist you in maintaining your independence to facilitate staying at home as long as possible.
CHI Health at Home has many home health services available to help patients remain independent in their home and achieve positive health outcomes.
- Experienced, primary care nurses
- Provides comprehensive assessment
- Education and support to patient and caregivers
- Visits are intermittent and based on patient and caregiver medical needs
- Coordinates with physician and other team members as a patient advocate.
- Many specialty areas such as symptom management, wound care, infusion, etc.
Home Health Aide
- Provides visits intermittently as directed by the plan of care
- 90% of time in home is to provide “hands-on” care, unless other arrangements are made.
- Performs personal cares
- Offers companionship
- Light housekeeping
Therapy and other services
Physical therapy works with clients to improve strength and range of motion with the goal of greater independence with functional mobility skills such as walking, climbing stairs, transfers and bed mobility.
Occupational therapy works with clients experiencing difficulty with fine motor functions, visual deficits, cognition and coordination in order to help them become as independent as possible with activities of daily living (ADL).
Speech therapy works to assist the client who has a communication or swallowing problem that may occur as the result of a stroke or accident-related trauma.
Family services coordinators (social workers) are available to assist clients with financial concerns, alternative living arrangements, or other social issues. Coordinators will assist with making appropriate community referrals.
Our social workers coordinate with physicians and caregivers to improve access to community resources in order to maintain and enhance the social, emotional, functional, and physical health status of our patients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can receive home health services?
- New, frequent or complex diagnosis or medication changes
- Symptom management needs such as pain, shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting, etc.
- Recent hospitalization
- Needing home IV therapy or infusions
- Wounds that need dressing changes
- Recent surgery, knee/hip replacements, fractures
- Safety concerns (i.e., frequent falls, etc.)
- Mild to moderate dementia for cognitive testing and home safety assessment.
How do I know if home health care is right for me?
How will home health help me?
Our services come to you in your home to provide monitoring of your medical condition with the goal of preventing emergency department visits or other hospitalization.
Our team of professionals will work with you on fall prevention measures and make recommendations regarding helpful equipment.
After a hospital stay, home health will come to your home to assure a safe transition home, and monitor your recovery.
Do I need a referral to receive home health services?
Who pays for home health services?
Medicare beneficiaries also must have had a recent visit with their provider addressing the need for home health services. The home health team will collaborate with your provider to assure this need is complete.
Why choose CHI Health at Home?
- Our agency consistently ranks in the top performers across the nation for patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Our team works collaboratively with our family of providers at CHI St. Gabriel’s Health and other health care facilities.
- Our agency places a priority on providing the care that best fits your needs. Honoring You!
Our Commitment to You
CHI Health at Home consistently rates well above state and national averages for quality care and patient satisfaction. Find out more about our high standard of care by visiting Medicare’s Home Health Compare website: https://www.medicare.gov/homehealthcompare/search.html